How one trailer company continues to drive for the ultimate off-road experience
Meet Duane Leedell, CEO of Off Grid Trailers headquartered in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.
Duane builds tear-drop and square-drop trailers for the off-road community throughout Canada and the United States.
Off Grid Trailers (OGT) originally began as a passion project. The first few OGT trailers were garage built. But once these trailers went off road, they attracted attention and sold right away.
Every OGT trailer frame is all-metal, built to last. Because there’s no wood, it remains mold and mildew resistant. Here are some standard features that come with every design:
- Laser cut and formed C-channel frame
- Military test-track-proven
- Designed for weight saving, additional rigidity and off road use
- Laser-cut and formed modular and removable fenders
- Anti skid textured black powder-coated frame and fenders
- Onboard freshwater tank
- Hot water on-demand outside shower box
- Multispeed reversible roof vent
- 60L fridge and a dual burner propane cook top
Additionally, there’s a long list of available options to choose from…
- Custom designed wrap
- Exterior mounted Bluetooth stereo system with dual marine speakers
- 24″ smart Smartcast LED TV and mount bracket
- Bed Upgrade – convertible couch
- 360 degree Maxcoupler Hitch (Receiver and Tow vehicle adapter)
- Dometic 55L Fridge and slide mount (Pando 2.0 Option only)
- Furnace (6500BTU)
- Maxxfan Deluxe 7500 fan upgrade (thermostat, electric lift, remote)
- Levelling/Stabilizing jacks – BAL C jack (pair)
- Secondary 19 Gallon freshwater tank and skid plate – Pando 2.0
- 1750W Modified Sine Wave Inverter
- Canada Proof 180W portable solar panel with 15A charge controller
Ever since their first trailer, OGT continues to use make improvements to their trailer designs that will enhance both quality and functionality.
Duane and the entire team at Off Grid Trailers continue to listen to their customers. Just like pushing the envelope in an overland environment, Duane and his team push their own boundaries by adopting new ideas and developing better designs.
One of the less-obvious improvements lies beneath the surface. In fact, unless you crawled underneath the trailer frame, you would never know it existed.
Okay, what is this hidden feature?
Well, it has to do with the suspension. Duane decided that their off-road trailers needed an off-road suspension. So, in the spirit of continuous improvement, they made a well-informed decision to install the Axle-Less trailer suspension on all their trailers.
Exclusively. Without exception.
When asked why he chooses to install the Axle-Less suspension on every Off-Grid trailer, here are some of the reasons Duane gave us:
- No axle
“The most obvious advantage is the ground clearance you get when there’s no axle. Not only that, the Axle-Less gives us the option of using an outboard arm with 4” of extra lift for maximum clearance.”
- Fully independent
“The customer enjoys a smooth, safe ride when the suspension is fully independent. Suddenly, they’re able to maneuver confidently anywhere off road.”
- Rugged construction
“The thing I like about the Axle-Less is the way it’s constructed. The solid, modular design matches our own requirements for a much higher standard of efficiency, quality and originality.
To find out more about Off Grid Trailers, visit Offgridtrailers.com
To find out more about the Axle-Less suspension, click here