Ford Maverick Active Off-Road Bumpstops
Suspension Rubber Helper Spring Kit
Active Off-Road Bumpstops provide off-road enthusiasts greater control over their Ford Maverick's suspension travel. Using progressive-rate springs means that instead of a hard stop at the end of axle travel the axle energy will be absorbed when bottoming-out producing smooth, predictable, quiet axle engagement and disengagement. Timbren's active off-road bump tops are the solution to hard overland travel. Prevent the hard jarring affect of hitting large bumps, fallen branches, and surpise tire swallowing holes with Timbren bump stops for your Ford Maverick truck.
Unlike OEM bump stops, Active Off-Road Bumpstops are made from natural rubber. Just like our Timbren SES line, Active Off-Road Bumpstops carry a Lifetime Warranty and a 100 Day Money Back Guarantee.
The Active Off-Road Bumpstops, ABSFRBSMV, mount to the rear lower control arm on the Ford Maverick. Upgrade to Active Off-road Bumpstops and experience the difference.
Active Off-Road Bumpstops are a bump stop upgrade that will improve your off-road experience in several ways:
Provide Smooth Axle Engagement
Instead of the harsh jolt you get from regular bump stops, enjoy a much softer, smoother stop when your Ford Maverick bottoms out.
Maintain Axle Travel
Active Off-Road Bumpstops will not limit axle travel, but allow full articulation of the suspension system.
Deliver Greater Control Over The Vehicle
Remain in control of your Ford Maverick off-road during hard-to-handle situations on extreme terrain and at high speeds.
Stay On The Trail Longer
Remove the stress to your body and your off-road Maverick. Active Off-road Bumpstops absorb the harsh slams and jarring to your body when your vehicle bottoms out, allowing you to stay out on the trail much longer doing what you love to do.
Unlike hydraulic bump stops, Timbren Active Off-Road Bumpstops require zero maintenance. Zip. Zilch. Nada. This is a set-it-and-forget-it upgrade. No tweaks or refills required! Once you install your Timbren bump stop upgrades on your Ford Maverick, they won’t need any supervision whatsoever.
You receive a lifetime warranty with every purchase of Active Off-Road Bumpstops. We have been designing and manufacturing Aeon® rubber springs for over 50 years and confidently stand behind our products.
Timbren vs. Hydraulic Bump Stops
- Headache Free - Hydraulic bump stops make a loud ‘banging’ noise each time it slaps the strike pad. Timbren bump stops quietly engage with the axle.
- Zero Maintenance - Hydraulic bump stops require maintenance to continue working properly. Timbren bump stops are maintenance free.
- Lifetime Warranty - Timbren bump stops come with a Lifetime Warranty. Hydraulic bump stops do not.
- Save Money - Timbren bump stops cost significantly less than hydraulic bump stops.
- Maintain Full Axle Travel
- Smooth Axle Engagement and Disengagement
- Enhance Suspension Performance
- Progressive Spring Rate
- Absorbs Energy and Cushions Road Shocks
- Stronger Than OEM Bump stops
- Easy Installation
- Satisfaction Guarantee
- Lifetime Warranty
- 1,000 lb capacity
- 5,600 lb bump load capacity
- Overall kit height = 3”
- Total deflected (compressed) height = 1.25”
- Amount of deflection (compression) = 1.75”
What’s Included In The Box?
- 2x Aeon® hollow rubber springs (bump stops)
- 2x Steel mounting plates
- All necessary hardware
- Installation instructions
"The Timbren SES system is the answer for rear end sag and soft handling." Larry V. - South Dakota
"My F-250 is awesome, now. Thanks to your Timbren SES system I don't have to worry about a 'sagging rear end'." Rick C. - New York
"I've put a Timbren SES kit on 2 different RAM 1500 trucks and would never tow anything without them ever again." Joel I. - Ontario, Canada
Timbren SES products come with a Lifetime Warranty which includes:
- Defects in material and workmanship.
- Damaged parts under normal use and service.
Warranty limitations include the following:
- Warranty applies to original purchaser.
- Warranty is not transferable to another vehicle.
- Warranty does not include labor, freight or collateral damage.
- Timbren reserves the right to inspect the failed part and ask for proof of purchase.
- Timbren will not warrant the product in the event of alteration, misuse, overload, negligence or damage cause by others.
I installed a rear kit on my pickup truck and its almost touching the axle. The installation instructions indicate that I need a 1" gap. What should I do?
Remove the rubber spacer supplied in the assembly. If you have already done this or if there is no spacer in the kit then take the vehicle out for a test drive. Often with a vehicle having a partial load, or a vehicle having an older suspension, the rubber spring may be in contact with the axle with no adverse ride quality. If ride quality is poor, contact Customer Service.
I installed a rear kit on my pickup truck and there is more than 3 inches of gap between the rubber spring and the axle. Is this ok?
Ideally, you want to adjust the rubber spring assembly to a gap of about 1 inch. In most cases this can be done with a spacer included in the kit. If you have already installed everything included with the kit, and you still have too much gap, contact Customer Service.
The capacity rating of the Timbren SES kit seems awfully high. I am sure that I do not need that much capacity for my application. What do you recommend?
The real question you seem to be asking is Will this give me a rough ride? The products progressive spring rate provides superb ride quality with any load. Also when cornering, swerving or in high wind situations, the improved stability offers great performance and peace of mind.
I'm experiencing a rough ride when my vehicle is unloaded. Can this be fixed?
If you have installed the Timbren SES (Suspension Enhancement System) and find that the vehicle ride quality is poor when empty, measure the gap between the rubber spring and the axle. (See Question and Answer #1 for further details and solutions.)
The rubber spring is touching the axle all the time. Will that hurt the axle?
Not at all. Primarily, the total weight of the vehicle normally contacts the axle at a point under the leaf springs. The rubber spring, however, contacts the axle at a secondary point of contact. By adding a secondary point of contact we are reducing the stress at the original point and are spreading out the load to 4 points of contact on the axles instead of 2.
Furthermore, the progressive spring rate provides a soft uptake of the load rather than the sudden stop of a solid bump stop, providing a good ride with reduced stress.
I have a 1985 motorhome with a badly sagging rear suspension. Will Timbren's SES (suspension enhancement system) help?
Timbren's Suspension Enhancement System will certainly help, but our systems are designed to work in conjunction with a suspension that is in good condition. We recommend that the motorhome be inspected by a suspension specialist, to ensure the suspension is in good condition, prior to installing a Timbren system.
Can I haul more weight on my truck if I install Timbren's SES kit?
You cannot exceed the manufacturers axle rating or GVW rating of the vehicle. A Timbren suspension enhancement system will greatly enhance the performance of a heavily-loaded vehicle by adding to the spring rate. You can expect reduced sag, and improved roll stability.
How does Timbren's product compare to an air system? What are the advantages?
Here are 9 ways to compare Timbren's SES to an Air Ride system:
- Ride Quality: SES upgrades deliver a softer ride empty and loaded especially with extra-heavy loads
- Stability: SES upgrades eliminate roll and sway even with the heaviest loads
- Reliability: SES upgrades are made to last they will never start leaking air because there is no compressed air.
- Ease of use: SES upgrades require zero maintenance.
- Ease of installation: SES upgrades take less than an hour to install
- Price: The installed price of an SES upgrade is about 1/2 the installed price of an air system
- Warranty: SES upgrades come with two of the best warranties in the industry
- Lifetime warranty
- Customer Satisfaction Guarantee
- Timbren SES
- Item Requires Shipping
- 4.5 lbs.
- W9.5000” x H5.5000” x L7.0000”
- Free ground shipping to lower 48 states (some exclusions may apply)
Total Reviews (0)
You must login to post a review.
Write the First Review!