Increased stability for Sprinter van suspensions
Looking for a DIY suspension solution for your Sprinter van?
We get it. You’re a DIYer. You like to do things on your own. You may not be a ‘gearhead’, but you’ve got all the tools and you’re ready to learn. YouTube certainly has hundreds of helpful, how-to videos that give tutorials on everything from how to fix a leaky faucet to how to build a bomb!
If you’re looking for a Sprinter van suspension upgrade, I’ve got good news for you: There is a DIY solution that you’re gonna love!
Which Timbren SES kits will help stabilize my Sprinter van?
Over the years, Timbren SES suspension upgrades have been given many different names: Timbrens, rubber bumpers, rubber bump stops - or simply “them thar rubber deals.”
Timbren SES suspension upgrades are made from natural rubber, designed to replace the bump stops on trucks, vans and SUVs. Here’s what Timbren helper springs can do for your suspension:
- Load leveling: If your suspension is sagging or squatting under a load, Timbren helper springs are designed to keep the truck level under load.
- Stability: If your Sprinter van leans too far on corners causing you to slow down, Timbren helper springs reduce roll and sway.
- Ride quality: If your truck porpoises while loaded on rough roads, Timbren helper springs can smooth out the ride by absorbing road shock.
- Protection: Timbren helper springs will protect your suspension avoiding any serious damage to the vehicle.
- Safety: Timbren helper springs will give you more control over your loaded vehicle, increasing safety and driver confidence.
There are over 450 SES suspension upgrades to choose from. Virtually, every SES kit is designed to fit a specific year, make, and model. Your Sprinter van is no exception. Components for the Sprinter are carefully selected and tested before they’re packaged and marketed to the consumer.
The part number for the rear suspension of the Sprinter cube van is MBRSP35B. Just like the other 450+ SES kits available from Timbren, it’s easy to install in about 30 minutes, and requires zero maintenance.
Is it necessary to upgrade both front and rear suspensions?
To gain maximum stability to the suspension of your Sprinter van, especially when navigating tight corners, adding a Timbren SES kit to both the front and rear suspension of a Sprinter van is ideal. When fully loaded, a Sprinter van with a high roof becomes dangerously unstable. With a spring helper installed in all 4 corners, not only would you reduce roll and sway, but you’d also level the load and smooth out the ride.
You can’t put a price on safety and stability. Upgrading your front and rear suspension with a Timbren SES kit would increase safety and stability to a whole new level.
How does part #MBRSP35B stack up against the competition?
Below are three popular suspension upgrades that are pretty good for keeping a Sprinter van level under load.
- RAS Road Active suspension helpers are bolted to the top of your leaf-spring suspension. They work best with lighter loads but aren’t designed to stabilize vehicles with top-heavy loads.
- Airbags: Even though compressed air keeps the vehicle from squatting under load, they can’t adjust quickly enough to prevent roll and sway when pulling a top-heavy load like a truck camper or a 5th
- SumoSprings are made of polyurethane (a fancy word for foam) and weren’t designed to handle heavy severe-service applications and vehicles - like the high-roof Sprinter van - with top-heavy loads.
Timbren SES kits - like part # MBRSP35B that fits the suspension on the Sprinter van - has an advantage over the competition listed above: Stability and safety. And if you’re driving a fully loaded Sprinter cube van with a high roof, stability is required for safety, security, and control while navigating corners in high winds.
Here’s the thing you’re going to love: You can install it yourself in about 30 minutes!
Why is Timbren SES the best solution for your Sprinter van?
In addition to ‘quick and easy’, Timbren part # MBRSP35B is the best helper spring for your Sprinter van because it is the most reliable. Like we said earlier, Timbren SES upgrades offer a progressive spring rate and require zero maintenance. These 2 advantages alone guarantee for you the most reliable helper spring in the industry.
As we mentioned earlier, there are over 400 Timbren SES kits that fit virtually every truck and SUV that rolls off the assembly line. Every component is carefully selected to provide the best combination for your vehicle. Part # MBRSP35B is tailored to meet the specific needs of the Sprinter van by maximizing its stability.
Timbren SES suspension upgrades are “stronger than steel” & more reliable than air.” That’s why every Timbren SES product comes with a No B.S. Lifetime Warranty and 100-Day Satisfaction Guarantee.