Video Tutorial: Steps on Installing Your New Timbren Axle-Less Suspension
We met up with Arcworxs in Bozeman, Montana to catch an inside look at how they installed the Axle-Less trailer suspension to their new off-road trailer. Check out this DIY tutorial and see for yourself detailed instructions to install an Axle-Less trailer suspension on your own.
Here are the basic steps as demonstrated in the video:
- Make sure the trailer frame is perfectly square.
- Bolt outboard arms onto corresponding control arms using fasteners supplied.
- Install hangers to frame using proper steps:
- Mark frame rails where the centreline of spindles should cross frame.
- Clamp hangers to frame making sure centre of spindles line up with marks on each frame rail. Confirm measurements are equal.
- Bolt hanger side plate to frame using holes in the hanger side plate as a template.
- Drill horizontal holes through the side of the frame. Use 5/8” UNC (grade 5 minimum) bolts, lock nuts, and washers to mount hangers to frame.
- Adjust for proper camber and toe.
- There are two options for frame reinforcement:
- Bolt a reinforcing bracket to the inside of the frame (as suggested in video).
- Weld or bolt a cross member to the hanger.
- Install brake or idler hub to spindle. (Follow details in video)
Check out this DIY tutorial and see for yourself how you can install an Axle-Less trailer suspension for yourself.