How can I make my F150 more stable while towing?
This short article will explain which helper springs are best for your Ford F-150. It will introduce you to Timbren SES part # FRTT1504E a product that eliminates rear-end sag while towing a trailer.
What are helper springs?
Helper springs are designed to assist your suspension. They do not replace them. They come in many different shapes and sizes. The three most common helper springs for trailer towing are:
- Steel helpers
Add-a-leaf helpers usually sit on top of the rear leaf springs, working together with the existing suspension to keep the vehicle level under load.
- Airbag assist
Airbags were originally designed as an alternative suspension to metal springs. Air assist has been around for several decades. Designed to sit between the frame and the leaf spring, they assist by leveling the load.
Timbren SES suspension upgrades are made from natural rubber, designed to replace the bump stops on trucks, vans and SUVs. Here’s what Timbren helper springs can do for your suspension:
- Load leveling: If your suspension is sagging or squatting under a load, Timbren helper springs are designed to keep your F-150 level under load.
- Stability: If your F-150 leans too far on corners causing you to slow down, Timbren helper springs reduce roll and sway.
- Ride quality: If your F-150 porpoises while loaded on rough roads, Timbren helper springs can smooth out the ride by absorbing road shock.
- Protection: Timbren helper springs will protect your suspension avoiding any serious damage to the vehicle.
- Safety: Timbren helper springs will give you more control over your loaded F-150, increasing safety and driver confidence.
What helper springs cannot do:
- Lift the vehicle: Helper springs are not designed to be used as a vehicle lift. In fact, they don’t affect the unloaded ride height at all.
- Increase the GVWR: Even with helper springs, you should not exceed the GVWR set by the manufacturer.
Which helper springs are the most reliable for towing?
Because of the many components, airbag assists are the least reliable. Why is that?
Airbags take a pounding. Unless they’re high-quality, they will eventually leak. If they decide to burst on a road trip, it could compromise your brakes, reduce control of your vehicle and lead to an accident.
Because airbag systems are high maintenance, you’ll need to think twice about using them on your vehicle if you’re the type to ‘set it and forget it’. This complex system is expensive and needs plenty of TLC. Regular checkups are imperative in order to protect your investment.
The most reliable helper springs are rubber springs. In fact, Timbren SES suspension upgrades are absolutely bulletproof. In fact, we’ve conducted tests and not even a bullet shot from a sniper’s rifle can hinder the performance of a Timbren rubber spring!
Here are a few more reasons to choose Timbren SES:
- Timbren SES suspension upgrades are not filled with air. Even though they kinda look like airbags at first glance, they do not rely on compressed air to do the heavy lifting. At the end of the day, they don’t leak!
- Timbren SES suspension upgrades have a progressive spring rate, a unique characteristic that also provides for strength and zero maintenance.
These 2 advantages - progressive spring rate and zero maintenance - means that Timbren SES upgrades are indestructible, making them completely reliable while towing a trailer.
What are the best helper springs for your Ford F-150?
If you are using your F-150 as a tow vehicle, you may have noticed that the rear end sags when you hook up the trailer. Even though your SUV has 5,000 pounds of towing capacity, the trailer is still gonna make it sag.
Trailer sag is a dangerous situation, but one that can be avoided easily. Any set of helper springs - whether they’re metal, air, or rubber - will help to eliminate sag. But if you’re towing a 5th wheel or hauling a truck camper, any old set of helper springs ain’t gonna cut it!
For maximum support that eliminates dangerous roll and sway, Timbren SES severe-service kits provide maximum stability for your Ford F-150 when you’re hauling a heavy load. Adding a Timbren SES suspension upgrade will not only prevent rear-end sag and rear-end sway, it will also maintain more safety, security, and keep you trouble free.
Why is part # FRTT1504E the most reliable helper spring for towing?
There are over 400 Timbren SES kits that fit virtually every truck, van, and SUV that rolls off the assembly line. Every component is carefully selected to provide the best combination for towing with your Ford F-150.
Part # FRTT1504E is the best helper spring for towing with your F-150 because it is the most reliable. Like we said earlier, Timbren SES upgrades offer a progressive spring rate and require zero maintenance. These 2 advantages alone guarantee for you the most reliable helper spring in the industry.
Timbren SES suspension upgrades are “stronger than steel” & more reliable than air.” That’s why every Timbren SES product comes with a No B.S. Lifetime Warranty and 100-Day Satisfaction Guarantee.
For more information on Timbren SES part # FRTT1504E, visit www.timbren.com