When it comes to suspensions for small trailers, there has always been a gap between the less-expensive torsion axle and the more expensive air-ride system.
Ok… Let’s talk about that gap.
Here’s the thing:
The cheaper suspensions – leaf spring and torsion – offer poor ride quality, while the more expensive air-ride provides superior ride quality.
In order to get better ride quality, you had to pay for it.
Here at Timbren we asked ourselves: How can we provide an alternative suspension that rides like air but without the cost?
We believe that the Silent Ride suspension fills that gap. This simple, cost-effective trailer suspension outperforms rubber torsion, while providing ride quality similar to air!
Its unique design of metal and rubber is nothing short of genius. The combination of a metal control arm and 2 Aeon® rubber springs creates a suspension that rides smoothly and stands up under the most challenging conditions
Up until now, single-axle suspension capacities have ranged somewhere between 2000 – 7,000 lb.
But here’s something even better…
The new single axle Silent Ride 8K suspension delivers the same advantages as the earlier 7K with a number of added benefits:
Low ride height
- Maintains a 15”or less frame-to-ground clearance
- Low center of gravity
- Improved stability
- Easy loading and unloading, ideal for horse trailers and car haulers
- Ride is quiet and smooth even with lower ride height
- You have more options for Axles: 4”-6” drop
- You have more options for larger tires, hubs and brakes
- Suspension is maintenance free: aside from the wear and tear after putting on the miles, there is absolutely no upkeep
- High Durability: The 8K Silent Ride elevates the suspension to a much higher category
If you’re looking for an upgrade from the conventional torsion axle without committing to the cost of an air-ride system, Timbren’s 8K Silent Ride trailer suspension fills the gap.